Getting vaccinated is an important step to protect yourself, your loved ones, and our community from COVID-19.
Visit SafeatJackson.org for videos and other resources from Jackson Health System, featuring healthcare experts talking about the vaccine’s effectiveness and safety and addressing common myths.
Get information on myths and facts about the COVID-19 vaccine from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Vaccination Eligibility Requirements:
- Individuals 18 and older
- Children ages 5 - 17 (must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian)
Registration for COVID Vaccine Appointments in Miami Dade:
To schedule an appointment to get the COVID-19 vaccine at multiple sites in Miami-Dade County please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/vaccine
Vaccination Sites in Miami Dade:
- Click here to view Federal and State Managed Sites
- Click here to view Miami-Dade County Managed Sites
- Click here to view the schedule for all mobile sites
COVID 19 News and Updates:
- On Tuesday January 4, 2022 the seven-day average COVID-19 Positivity rate in Miami-Dade County is 35%
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the use of the first oral antiviral for the treatment of COVID-19.
- The FDA amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to:
- Expand the use of a single booster dose to include use in individuals 12 through 15 years of age.
- Shorten the time between the completion of primary vaccination of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine and a booster dose to at least five months.
- Allow for a third primary series dose for certain immunocompromised children 5 through 11 years of age.
- Appointments for homebound vaccinations for individuals 12 years of age or older can be scheduled by calling 1-888-201-5490 or emailing vaccinations@ILShealth.com - appointments can be made MondayFriday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM excluding holidays.
- The CDC has expanded eligibility for the COVID-19 Booster vaccine for individuals 16 years of age and older, at least 6 months after completing the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine series, adults 18 years of age and older 6 months after completing the Moderna vaccine series or at least 2 months after receiving Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Appointments can be scheduled by visiting http://miamidade.gov/vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccination appointments are available at multiple sites in Miami-Dade County for individuals 5 years of age or older and can be scheduled by visiting http://miamidade.gov/vaccine
- The Miami-Dade County COVID-19 webpage (http://miamidade.gov/coronavirus) contains the County’s most current information on COVID-19 with links to the latest updates from the CDC and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH).
Transportation to COVID-19 Vaccination Sites:
- Medicaid Transportation Assistance for COVID-19 Vaccination: Florida Medicaid will take their clients to get their COVID-19 vaccination free of charge. People need to schedule their vaccination appointment first, once they have the appointment they need to notify their Medicaid Plan they need a ride and their Medicaid Plan will schedule the ride.
If folks are not enrolled in a Medicaid Plan, they can call the Medicaid Helpline 1-877-254-1055 to find out the name and phone number for a transportation service.