- I forgot my password. How do I retrieve that information?
- Do I have to have an e-mail address to register?
- I am having difficulty registering for a project or a course as an individual.
- A message appears that states I have restrictions on my account.
- Why do you ask for my birth date when I register?
- Can I volunteer with my kids?
- Will I receive training from the organization I volunteer with?
- Will I need to have a background check to volunteer?
- What if I am required to do Community Service that is court-ordered or related to a job training program?
- How can I have my volunteer service formally verified by HandsOn Miami staff?
- How can I volunteer with my coworkers?
Click the "LOGIN" button on the top right of the home page. Enter your username and click "Forgot password?" an e-mail with a temporary password will be sent to you.
Yes. Our website uses your e-mail address to identify you and send you important information about any opportuntiies you sign up for. If you do not have an e-mail account, you can get one free of charge from www.yahoo.com or www.hotmail.com. Free internet access is also available from most public libraries.
Please make sure that you have registered. If you have just registered, you will need to check your email and activate your account (by following the link in the email). Once you have activated your account, select your project and sign-up. If you are not a new user, please make sure that you have logged in. Once you log in, you will be able to sign-up for projects.
- Be sure your date of birth and other required information is entered into your personal account information. Please update your personal information section once you have logged in. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- You may be under age for this specific project.
Each project has a minimum age for attendance. We want to make sure you are signing up for a project that is appropriate for your age. Also, We need to protect our younger volunteers who are under age 13. Volunteers under the age of 13 are unable to sign up through our website due to the Federal Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which prevents us from storing information about volunteers under age 13.
Yes! Some organizations will allow young children to volunteer only with a parent/teacher/chaperone on site. Each volunteer opportunity or project will give specifics on age requirements.
Yes, most nonprofits have a volunteer training program that you will be required to go through before you start volunteering. If you have signed up for a one-day event, instruction will be most likely be provided on site the day of the event unless otherwise noted.
All nonprofits who have volunteers working with children, the elderly, and other people considered vulnerable will run a background check. This information may be included on the sign-up page for that organization. Sometimes, a nonprofit that works with vulnerable groups will run a volunteer project where you will not have access to the children or elderly clients they serve. In that case, a background check is often waived for such events.
Other nonprofits may or may not run a background check depending on the requirements of their volunteer programs.
WHAT IF I AM REQUIRED TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE THAT IS COURT ORDERED OR RELATED TO A JOB TRAINING PROGRAM?
Community Service is sometimes court-ordered or a requirement for various work programs. Many nonprofits have opportunities to fulfill your community service requirements. Always explain to the nonprofit why you need to do community service, how many hours of service you need, and if there is a deadline for you to complete your service hours.
Volunteers requiring a signed letter for verification of service by HandsOn Miami staff should upload their request using this form.
HandsOn Miami has many ways to volunteer with your company:
To register together simply click the register as a team text instead of selecting the green sign up button, you will then be prompted to select or create a new team. After you select the team members joining the volunteer workday, the page will update to inform you of the success of your registration and you will receive a confirmation email with the exact details in your inbox.