Volunteer English language teacher for Refugees
RAA aims to help underserved adult refugees in the South Florida area improve their English skills to become self- sufficient and autonomous in their lives. We are looking for Experienced English Language teachers to join our Navigating English program to help empower our newly resettled families be comfortable in their new communities.
-Volunteer teachers meet with an adult student or students twice a week for 40-60 minutes of instruction (depending on the level)
- You choose your consistent available times, twice a week, we find a student that matches your availability. Anytime Monday- Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm
-Classes can be taught virtually over ZOOM or in-person at the student's home. Kindly note; In-person teachers are required to complete a level 2 background check.
-Teachers from around the globe are welcome to teach virtually!
- RAA provides teachers with a teacher account on the online curriculum used called Burlington English and other supplemental teaching resources.
- RAA provides training and support to assist you on this rewarding journey.
-Requested volunteer commitment of 12 weeks.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact ESL Coordinator: Salma@refugeeassistancealliane.org
You can also fill out our ESL intake form found HERE.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity:
Connect With Us!