International Coastal Clean-Up Day 2023: Sewell Park
Join HandsOn Miami at Sewell Park for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this annual event with 50+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Boucher Brothers, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, The Brady Hunter Foundation, Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, City of Miami Beach, The Miami Foundation, Loud And Live, and Miami-Dade County RER-DERM
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, a Seahorse. *Community Service hours also provided*
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
Details for this site:
- Parking Information: Parking Spots within the park are limited, we recommend carpooling, taking public transport, or getting dropped off.
- Check-in will be beyond the playground, downhill
- This event is suitable for volunteers ages 14+, volunteers 8+ must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Info for Volunteers:
- Complete the online waiver here: **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE and bring it with you.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear. This is a rocky riverfront site, and volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers, no flipflops or sandals!
- Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen are recommended
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Please bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SIGN UP BELOW, YOU CAN DIRECTLY SIGNUP HERE:
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: