DIY Volunteer Project Period Positivity Kits
With the rise of prices everywhere, access to quality feminine hygiene products has become difficult affecting low-income students and communities. HandsOn Miami is partnering with school counselors across South Florida to provide a stock of period positivity kits. These kits provide menstruating students with the day’s essentials while providing a reminder that periods aren’t to be ashamed of and provide a bit of joy and positivity around this bodily function.
Difficulty Level: Easy
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL STEPS (missing steps will delay hours verification process):
- Express interest below. **
- Click this text to download the detailed instructions
- Follow the instructions in the packet.
- Fill Out the Project Verification Form (THIS STEP IS REQUIRED)
- Mail or drop off your completed project to HandsOn Broward. If you are unable to drop-off at the HandsOn Broward office, please contact Cindy Ariza, email@example.com, to coordinate an alternate drop-off location BEFORE June 14th.
** For all DIY Projects, you do not need to wait for confirmation.
Once you have expressed interest and accessed the instructions (above under "2"), you are free to begin the project and submit upon completion.
DIY collection will be held on the following dates:
June 5, 2023 1:00PM - 5:00PM
June 7, 2023 9:00AM - 1:00PM
June 12, 2023 1:00PM - 5:00PM
June 14, 2023 9:00AM - 1:00PM
June 16, 2023 9:00AM - 1:00PM
June 19, 2023 9:00AM - 1:00PM
June 26, 2023 9:00AM - 1:00PM
June 28, 2023 12:00AM - 5:00PM
The last day to drop off Period Positivity Kits will be Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:13+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: