Age Minimum (with Adult): 6+, Minimum Age:16+
Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup/International Coastal Cleanup Day - Morningside Park
By volunteering with us here, you will be one of thousands of volunteers from over 100 countries who will spend their morning collecting millions of pounds of litter and debris on inland roadsides, coastal areas, inland lakes and rivers. Volunteers will assist in this effort to clean and protect the environment by eliminating debris that injures wildlife, contaminates our beaches and waterways, and threatens boater safety in Miami-Dade County.
The ICC is much more than just removing trash. By using detailed, standardized data cards, volunteers gather valuable information about the types and sources of debris found. Analyzed and tracked year by year, this information serves as a powerful tool for educating the public, influencing public policy, and effecting positive behavioral change on the part of individuals, organizations, and communities.
The collection of this data by cleanup volunteers of all ages and the resulting report prepared by The Ocean Conservancy is used in the following ways:
- To raise awareness of the quantities and types of marine debris;
- To determine the various sources of marine debris;
- To evaluate the impact of marine debris on wildlife and habitat;
- To assist in the enforcement of regulations against illegal dumping;
- To influence industries that manufacture products that cause harm to the marine environment.
We hope you can join us and help to effect positive change in our Miami-Dade County community!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: